Have a look at all the different tools we provide you down below.
Lazy-Loading is a powerful tool that will help load your website faster for visitors and also get better speed scores on different website performance apps.
However, the way you set it up and use it can have either a positive or negative impact on your website performances.
Indeed, keep in mind that your users' experiences will be deeply impacted by the way your website loads on their browsers. Below you will find different tips & tricks regarding the do's and don'ts of using Lazy-Loading.
When to use Lazy-Loading
Lazy-Loading can have many benefits for your users by offering them an instant load and access to your main information as fast as possible.
- If you don't have any highly-impacting image on the above the fold part of your website,
- If you currently have to load a consequent number of images and/or scripts,
When to not use Lazy-Loading
Lazy-Loading can also hide the main information and content you would like to display to your visitors for a short amount of time before everything is fully loaded.
- If your above the fold image is a game-changer and is there to convert more users and you want to give your visitors a great first impression.
- If you are only trying to improve your score on website performance tools (PageSpeed Insights, Pingdom Tools)
Our theme has been developed with built-in tools to make your website load in less than 1,1s.
Of course, this will be impacted by the number and size of your images as well as the content you add to your website, but the structure and the basis we provide when you install EcomSolid already gives you the best practices in terms of SEO and speed optimization.
Here's a small checklist for you to avoid overloading your webpage and thus dramatically increase your loading speed:
- Make sure your images are compressed and in the right format (we recommend you to use .JPG files for better efficiency)
- Keep your content precise and concise.
- Minify the number of scripts you are using, especially by reducing the number of third-party apps you use. (You can always use our numerous sales boosters add-ons aiming to replace this costly and resources consuming applications)
Title and Meta Description
In order to change your SEO titles and tags for your homepage, please follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Go to your Shopify Admin Panel
Step 2: Locate Online Store > Preferences
Step 3: Edit your Title and Meta Description and press save when you are satisfied with your edits.
In order to change your SEO titles and tags for other pages, please follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Go to Shopify Admin panel
Step 2: Locate Online Store > Pages and select the page you would like to edit
Step 3: On the page you are editing, scroll down until you locate "Search Engine listing preview" and click on edit website SEO. There you will be able to modify the title, meta description, and the URL of your page.
If you'd like to have a more detailed tutorial on Shopify's SEO and how to set it up and improve it, please follow this tutorial from Shopify.
If you are new to SEO and Google Rankings, please follow this Starter Guide made by Google to step up your SEO game and rank higher in search engines.