About search page
When visiting your store, searching is one of the basic activities that your customers often do. The search tool allows them to search across your store which is very useful if your business offers many items.
Although the search function is provided by Shopify, you can easily personalize the search result page using EcomSolid. The search page, also known as the search results page, is designed to display the store products that match the terms entered into the search tool.
How to edit a search page with EcomSolid
Step 1: From the EcomSolid Dashboard, head to the Theme Editor.
Step 2: Click the dropdown menu from the top bar and select “Search page”.
Step 3: Make adjustments as you wish. Don’t forget to hit “Save” and “Update Live” then.
Configure the Search result sections settings
Locate the Search Results section on the left sidebar of the Editor page.
If you don’t have one, please go to the Library > Sections > Product List and insert your preferred Search Results section to your page.
Click on the section to start configuring the settings.
From here, you can customize the layout and details of your search result.
- Number of Columns: Use the slider or enter the number into the box to adjust the number of products on one row.
- Products Per Page: Use the slider or enter the number into the box to adjust the number of products on one page.
- Number of Results Text: Enter your preferred text to show after the number of results.
- Button Search Text: Enter the text label for the search button.
- Message of Results Text: Input the text into the field for the message when there’s no result matched.
Settings Product list
To further customize how the product list displays on your search page, check out this article.